The Corona Warn App, Germany’s contact tracing app to fight the spread of COVID-19, went live mid June 2020. Roughly three weeks have passed since then, and we thought we’d give you another update and some more insider knowledge from our colleague from SAP Munich: Malte Janduda.
We’ve already known Malte for a long time – Sven first worked and experimented with Malte for commerce and hardware prototypes many years back, when IoT was still the new kid on the block. At this point in time, Malte was still a working student. But since 2019, Malte is back at SAP Munich and is now involved heavily with various software architecture projects.
We’re super happy that we have a well known colleague and friend close by us here in Munich and are excited to share some updates directly from a team member of the development team of the Corona Warn App.
- Corona-Warn-App Website
- Community Dashboard for the App / Backend 1 and here’s one more
- Malte Janduda on Twitter
- SAP Munich Website
- CWA Episode with Thomas Klingbeil – focus on technical aspects and privacy
- MIT Technology Review – COVID Tracking Tracker
- [GERMAN] Tagesschau – Rund 300 Fälle über Warn-App gemeldet / Around 300 cases reported via the warning app
- The Local – The verdict on Germany’s coronavirus tracing app
- [GERMAN] German Federal Government – Falschmeldungen zur Corona-Warn- App / Misconceptions about the Corona Warn App
- German Federal Government – Corona-Warn-App international verfügbar (DE) | Corona warning app available internationally (EN)
- [GERMAN] Handelsblatt – Was bringt eine ausländische Corona-Warn-App? / What does a foreign Corona warning app bring?
- DW – Loved or loathed? How Germany’s coronavirus tracking app is faring
- Huawei – Neue Corona-Warn-App für alle HUAWEI Smartphones (DE) | New Corona warning app for all HUAWEI smartphones (EN)
- ZDF – Wo die Corona-App nicht läuft (DE) | Where the Corona App Doesn’t Run (EN)