Project Gardener is about delivering fully-managed Kubernetes clusters – kind of like Kubernetes as a Service – independent of the underlying cloud service like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
While Kubernetes took over the world of cloud-native computing overnight, Gardener is now taking on the problem, that many Kubernetes clusters are somewhat hard to maintain and manage.
We’ll be talking to Rafael Franzke, a Senior Developer from SAP. He was part of the initial project inception team and is driving the Gardener core implementation. As such, he was one of the early adopters of Kubernetes Operators and Kubernetes extension concepts in general.
- Rafael Franzke on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Gardener Website
- The Kubernetes Botanist Blog Post
- Project Gardener Update Blog Post
- Gardener on GitHub
- Hasso Plattner Founder Award for Project Gardener
- Intro Movie about Gardener at SAP TV
- Gardener Landscape Installer
- Gardener Slack Channel
- Gardener Weekly Community Meeting